Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Been a While

It's been a while since my last post.  Things have been busy and a little stressful. Looking forward to the week ahead, as the kids and I will be spending the week with my family for Thanksgiving. It will be a wonderful, and much needed break.  I look forward to getting some Christmas shopping done, while my parents watch the kids, seeing old friends, spending time with my family, and also, lounging around on the couch in my pajamas, while watching The Hallmark Channel.  Their corny Christmas programming has begun and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  aaah, I feel like a kid again when I'm there.

My daughter and I just made our Heavenly Chocolate Chunk Cookies to bring to Grandma and Pop Pop's house.   Our Christmas Truffles will have to wait to be made and their house though, because we've been doing so much baking lately, that the motor on my handmixer burned out, after baking the cookies this morning. I've packed up all of the ingredients, so we're ready to go! If anyone can recommend a good sturdy handmixer, I'd appreciate it.  I think my mom is buying me one for my Birthday though, so there may be one waiting for me there already.

Now...it's time to finish our packing. 



 

1 comment:

  1. You'll be here a whole week!? And you have babysitting lined up? You lucky girl!

    Happy Turkey Day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete