Sunday, August 29, 2010

Countdown to Kindergarten Continues

There's only a little over a week left of Summer vacation.  The days of sleeping in, and spending lazy days doing whatever we please, soon will be gone. We've been having an excellent Summer spending time at the park with pre-school friends, as well as spending weeks at a time at my parents home. We took Ava to see Mary Poppins, which was a fantastic experience.  She absolutely LOVED it and wants to go again.  Maybe Santa will bring her another set of tickets.  I've also loved spending time with old friends while visitng my home town.  I wish there were more time so I could get together with everyone. It's been such a peaceful, relaxing and fun-filled Summer.

Ava's very excited to go to school and that really pleases me. She was very nervous on the day of her Kindergarten orientation back in June.  By the time it was over though, she was happy and excited to attend her new school.  It was a huge relief.  Now she's ready for the Summer to be over and to start school. We also found out that she was assigned to the teacher she wanted which just makes this transition easier on her, and then naturally, us. I hope her positive attitude continues throughout her schooling.

We've done all of her back-to-school shopping.  She's got her new backpack and lunch bags, as well as snazzy new sneakers and purple boots.  She also has an all new Fall wardrobe.  Shopping was something I was really looking forward to, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.  I was a little concerned after leaving the first store we tried because after trying on piles of clothes, we only ended up purchasing 4 items.  Ava didn't like anything.  I don't know if it was the look of the items or the fit but I was getting a little concerned.  We ended up heading to the mall.  Thankfully, The Children's Place and Gymboree were hits with Ava and we chose a lot of cute stuff for her.
We've also spent some time making lists of all of the different kinds of food she might like to bring for lunches.  That was a really cute and fun activity.  Some of the lunches she thinks she'd enjoy are strawberries with cheese and crackers, peanut butter sandwiches, baked ziti and Mac and Cheese.  I'll share Ava's lists in another blog post, as I need to run now because I promised Luke I'd take him to see the boats down at the sea wall today.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment